Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sci-Fi Hottie Spotlight: Lexa Doig

What’s this you say? This is where I shine a well-deserved light on some sci-fi hotties that seem to struggle to get into that superstar status that other actresses or characters seem to be given.

As my first SFHS honoree, Lexa Doig’s career has always seemed stunted to me. How can a major hottie like her not be as famous as the likes of Catherine Zeta Jones or Mila Kunis?

What’s her sci-fi track record?

She is a sci-fi hottie veteran! Lexa Doig actually played the Cowgirl (yes, that’s what her character was called) in the William Shatner 1980’s sci-fi made-for-television movies TekWar, which had a sequel and a short-lived television series where Lexa reprised her role as the Cowgirl. Her next noteworthy role was as Rowan, the main character that had to go against an upgraded Jason Voorhees in Jason X. I’m not proud to say it, but I saw that movie by choice. But the main role that initially made me stand up and pay attention to her was as the Andromeda Ascendant in Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda, which also starred Kevin Sorbo. The cool part about her role on the show was that she basically had to portray 3 different types of Andromeda (the main computer, the holographic assistant, and the android made to look like Andromeda for off-ship missions). At first the all seemed pretty much the same, but later on, they began to look different from one another as well as act a little differently while maintaining the same hotness. The sad part about this was that Andromeda never reached the mega-fame of die-hard fandom like Gene Roddenberry’s other creation, Star Trek, and the show only lasted 6 years. You know it’s a bad sign when the only time to catch new episodes of the show was on WGN in the afternoon, but I loved the show and recommend it to anyone that wants a good sci-fi series. After Andromeda, Lexa Doig has had recurring characters on other sci-fi shows like Stargate SG-1, the 4400, and Eureka. She can currently be seen on the struggling ABC network remake of V, which I don’t see a bright future for it.

If you don’t see why I’m giving her the hottie spotlight or you think she’s just a great looking babe that just happens to be in a lot of sci-fi movies like how some other hotties are in a whole lot of horror movies just to kick start there careers, here’s a quote from her I was able to snag from IMDB.

"I'm a really big geek. I do dorky things, I snort when I laugh, I'm clumsy, I'm a sucker for RPG games on my computer, I watch cartoons ("Pinky and the Brain" (1995) and "South Park" (1997) are my faves . . . and I have a really bad potty mouth."


HOTTIE! What guy wouldn’t love to have a self-proclaimed geek that loves to play RPG games on the computer and watch cartoons that looks like her? 

Lexa Doig, we salute you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment