Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hottie of the Year

To be nominated for Hottie of the Year, the Hottie must have done something noticeable in the year 2009, like a TV show or movie. They don’t have to be good; they just have to be hot while doing it. Sorry Halle Berry, commercials don’t count.

• The Doc
Okay, I’ll admit it. This is more of a personal nomination, but the Doc is definitely a Hottie and has done something important in 2009. And that’s making the Deuce happy by being in his life. I’d like to think she feels the same.

Daniela Ruah
She’s the new Hottie on NCIS: Los Angeles. Even though the show is mediocre at best, there’s no denying that she’s a betty. And thanks to the LA weather, it’s all but guaranteed that they’ll never cover her up with a puffy parka and snow shoes.

Rashida Jones
Here’s a Hottie that first appeared on my radar when she became the “other woman” in The Office to create a Jim/Pam triangle. Then she moved on to do Parks and Recreation with Amy Poehler. Of course, before she made that last stop in 2009, she was Paul Rudd’s fiancée in I Love You, Man. She’s got a girl-next-door vibe and can run with a dirty joke. Now that’s hot!

Katy Perry
She first blasted into my sights with her first single in 2008 “I Kissed a Girl”. At first, I thought she was going to be a one-hit wonder because of the subject of her song. Then she rolled through 2009 with a handful of other hits (with sexy music videos to elicit more thumbs up). Heck, I even bought her album. Of course, I wasn’t fully aware of her hotness until I saw her perform live on the Today show this summer. Yowza!

Rachel Nichols
This has definitely been a great year to be Rachel Nichols. Before 2009, I was not even aware of her existence, but thanks to a cameo role hot green alien in Star Trek along with her notable role as Scarlet in G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (where she runs on a treadmill in a sports bra… mmmm). In 2009, it’s good to be Rachel Nichols.

And the Winner is…

Rashida Jones!

Rashida Jones had me biting my nails during The Office because if I were Jim, I couldn’t choose between her or Jenna Fischer, and that’s saying a lot. Then in I Love You, Man, she tells Paul Rudd’s character that she likes to go “downtown”, if you know what I mean. That’s when she had me hook, line, and sinker. Stack on the fact that she’s not co-starring in her own Office-like show on NBC, and this Hottie has earned this award.

*Side Note: Doc…. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Great choice! I love Rashida Jones!! I had that same feeling when watching the love triangle on The Office.

    ReplyDelete