Saturday, January 2, 2010

TV Character of the Year

Sometimes, a show will call upon a single character to carry a show on their back for an entire season and they succeed. Other times, a show will call upon someone else and fail. These are the characters who would smite them all!

• Doctor Who (David Tennant, Doctor Who)
In the swan song of his tenure of the Doctor, he has made me laugh, cry (in a manly way), and cheer. There have been 10 other incarnations of the Doctor and I have to say, this is my favorite. Dare I say, brilliant!

• Liz Lemon (Tina Fey, 30 Rock)
I used to always ask myself: How is she not considered a hottie? Then they showed how she would like in HD, and then I understood. Well, I understood after I rewound my DVR and watched it again because I laughed so hard during the first time.

• Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons, Big Bang Theory)
He is the Mr. Know-It-All in a circle of geniuses. Sheldon’s quirky view of the world outside of his understanding always makes me laugh. His facial twitches as he tries to comprehend the incomprehensible makes me laugh. His lack of sympathy (and sometime downright evil) makes me laugh. Yep, this is a character done right.

• Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall, Dexter)
If you’re a serial killer who cuts up your victims into little pieces and dump them into the ocean, I wouldn’t watch the made-for-TV movie they made about you. But if you’re Dexter Morgan, I’ll watch your show over and over again (I even bought season 3 on DVD).

• Gregory House (Hugh Laurie, House MD)
House has been through a lot this year. He was in a mental institution. He saved Wilson from committing career suicide. He’s stumbling with his efforts to woo Cuddy. He loses Cameron because of her hatred towards him. And he still has his limp. Yet he still can solve a medical mystery that confounds everyone else. Good job.

And the Winner is…

Liz Lemon!

As the lone female representative in the nominees, Liz Lemon has shown that anyone can win this award. All you have to do is get a bad haircut because your boss said your original hairstyle wasn’t good enough, be willing to show yourself in HD to horrid results, cry through your mouth because of cheap eye surgery, and have a mental breakdown… all in one episode. Easy as pie!

1 comment:

  1. That was one great episode of 30 Rock. Ever wonder what we look like in HD? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete